A lifelong Edmontonian, Jillian joined Weir Bowen in 2012. In addition to a busy litigation practice including estate litigation, motor vehicle accidents, assaults, and medical malpractice, she also assists clients in preparing wills and in real estate transactions. Jillian has appeared before the Provincial Court of Alberta and Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench.
Jillian previously worked at the Alberta Law Reform Institute, Alberta Justice and the Office of the Public Trustee as a law student.
Jillian is a former editor of the Review of Constitutional Studies and the Alberta Law Review.
In her spare time, Jillian is an avid runner and volunteer. She has also been a volunteer with the Canadian Bar Association since 2011 and is a current board member of the Cultural Connections Institute-Learning Exchange.
Jillian is a supporter of the Edmonton theatre scene and is a current board member of Workshop West Playwrights. She has appeared on stage at the Edmonton Fringe Festival and as part of the Players de Novo.
- 2008 – Bachelor of Arts – University of Alberta
- 2011 – Bachelor of Laws – University of Alberta
2013 – Law Society of Alberta
- Edmonton Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Executive Member, CBA Junior Lawyers’ Section (North)
- Member, CBA Law Day Committee
- Former Director, Law Show (University of Alberta)
- Former Publisher, Canons of Construction (University of Alberta)
- Former Captain, Law Games (University of Alberta)
- Volunteer, Alberta Diabetes Foundation
- Volunteer, Edmonton Food Bank