Mr. Shepherd was born and raised in Pitt Meadows, British Columbia. Prior to law, he worked for many years in the construction industry, including work as both a Rock Technician and a Roofing Foreman. Upon moving to Edmonton in 2011, he attended the University of Alberta and obtained his Juris Doctor in 2014.
Mr. Shepherd joined Weir Bowen LLP as an articling student in July of 2014 due to his interest in a wide array of civil litigation. Specifically, he has an interest in medical malpractice, construction litigation, personal injury, estate litigation, and alternative dispute resolution.
In his spare time, Mr. Shepherd enjoys spending time outdoors, sports, and travelling.
His hobbies include fly fishing, camping, water sports, and golf.
- 2007 – Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) – University of British Columbia, Okanagan
- 2014 – Juris Doctor – University of Alberta
- 2015 – Law Society of Alberta
- Edmonton Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Member, CBA Junior Lawyers’ Section (North)
- Member, CBA Civil Litigation Section (North)
- Founder and Former President, Sports and Entertainment Law Society (University of Alberta)
- Volunteer, MS Society of Canada